Friday, January 6, 2012

Organizing Desks and Bookshelves

Hello Everyone!
Happy 2012! I hope your start to the year has been a good one.
Mine has already started out on a very high note. I could not have asked for better!
  We are still waiting on my husband's official moving orders but this is "the" year.
Finally! As you know we will be moving sometime in the late spring or early summer.
I have already purchased a new aqua geometric shaped lamp and pillows that I plan to add to
 the chocolate brown guest room. They came from Kirklands with a gift card I got for Christmas.
Hooray! You gotta love getting a gift card to your favorite store. I miss decorating and
posting more often. Please stick with me! I appreciate those of you that have. Also don't
forget I'm always on Pinterest or Face Book if you don't see me here. Come join me!
~*~
Join me to see my bookshelf organizing along with some inspiration from Pinterest.
 Most of us start out the new year with some cleaning, organizing goals.
I really enjoy organizing our home and am always looking for new ideas.
 I already had the blue polka dotted fabric boxes and when I spotted
the same style of photo album and scrap book at Target I was inspired.
A very special family has recently come into my life and I need a place for keepsakes.  
 I bought them into the bonus room and decided to rearrange my little bookshelf.
This was the perfect opportunity to donate the books I wasn't reading anymore.
Here is the after! It's clean and fresh with a pop of fun color.
 I ended up with an entire bag full of books ready to go to a good cause.
Even Chestnut got a new snazzy black frame. It fits him well...:)
 Here is a unique idea from Pinterest. A double sided desk unit.
I really like the hanging blue baskets for magazines or artwork.
 A built in desk and shelving unit in a deep chocolate brown.
The roman shade is a nice touch along with the accessories.
 This is perfect for a teen! An armoire desk in aqua blue. Very cute and stylish.
The shelves are arranged neatly with storage boxes in white. The framed prints look pretty too.
 A bright white office looks airy and very inviting.
The pop of warm red gives it a homey feel.
 How about multiple memo boards for large families?
This is a terrific idea for a desk in a kitchen.
 A cozy reading nook, shelves and a ladder adds a little something extra.
I have never been good at crafts but this precious room makes me want to get started.
Love those striped chairs and floor along with the ribbon dispenser.
~*~
How about you? Have you started any new organizing projects for 2012?
I'm more than ready to face the challenges of a brand new year!
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: