Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Green Wall in Paris



Crikey, when I thought that Paris couldn’t possibly get any cooler, I saw this building and my head started spinning. This 'living wall' is a part of the office wing of the Musée du Quai Branly in Paris. The designer's goal was to allow both the plants and the building to live in harmony with one another. I’ve always dreamed of living in a flat building covered in ivy. Somehow that seems totally romantic to me.

Fun fact: did you know that Paris is incredibly eco-friendly? They are 10th on the list of greenest European cities. Impressive, isn’t it? Also, I read that a living wall like that improves the air quality immensely. Go Paris! xo

P.S: Here is a great NY Times article on eco-Paris and here is another awesome Parisian green wall.
P.P.S: A super snazzy GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(Top photo by Lucas Dolega via NY Times, Inhabitat, Greening Beauty, Treehugger, Anthesis)

0 Comments: