Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dear North Carolina, It's not you...it's me.

I think other than Knox's arrival into the world, this is the biggest announcement I've ever made here on the blog.  Life has been a little crazy recently and I know posting has been light.  But today I'm finally happy to share why.


After almost exactly 8 years in North Carolina, we're moving back to Boston.  Mr. H+F has accepted a too-good-to-pass-up job opportunity that will bring us back to Beantown in the next few weeks! I am such a jumbled mess of emotions about this move, I can't even begin to tell you. 

North Carolina has given us so much.  We arrived an engaged, young couple without a care in the world.

{ Gee, do you think we're from Boston? }

We're leaving with a little bit of the South forever implanted in our hearts, rich with experiences and memories and +1 sweet little Southern-born baby. 

nancyray-knox9mo-1010

Along the way we also expanded by one fur-baby.   Just a few months after arriving we brought home our sweet pointer, Daisy.  Here she is at just a few weeks old.


A few months after that we got married in the Outer Banks surrounded by our closest friends and family, 90% of which traveled to this little strip of barrier island to celebrate with us. 



The following year we built a brand new house to start our lives in.  We really like to cram all the major life events together y'know? :)

 

   

And our happily ever after has played out almost daily here on Honey + Fitz.

For the longest time after we moved here, ALL I wanted to do was move back to Boston.  I can't overstate how homesick I was.  I am SO EXCITED to get back to Boston and be near my parents and brother and my closest friends in the world.  Especially with Knox in our lives, being close to the grandparents will be amazing. 

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little sad to be leaving our life here behind.  Slowly but surely, the South won me over.  And now here I am  - eight years later with our beautiful first home about to go on the market.  Is it superficial to be sad about leaving a house?  Because I am and I just can't help it.  I know it's just a structure but the memories made inside are very real.

So there it is.  Please bear with me as life gets turned completely and totally on it's head over the coming weeks.   I hope all you Southern readers will stick with me on this roller coaster ride!  And if you're in my old/new neck of the woods up in Boston, I'll be needing all the advice I can get from you as we settle in. 

Much more to come...

0 Comments: