Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lighten Up! It's A Kitchen Makeover

Hello Everyone!
Finally the kitchen is done with it's mini updates. It had been about six
years since it had been painted and with the big move not happening it
 was time for changes. By far this room is the most transformed. As they say
"it's amazing what paint can do." definitely was true in this case. Take a look!
 After!
Newly painted cabinets in light cream transform the space.
It feels twice the size to us now. We really love it!
We did hire a crew to paint the cabinets since we had never done this before.
Thank you to Barb for her recommendation. They did a nice job and were fast. 
 Here is the before view with medium brown stained cabinets.
 The new wall color is called Tobacco Leaf by Martha Stewart at Home Depot.
It's a neutral khaki color that really lightened up the space. 
Another before photo from the same angle.
The walls were previously a gold color with a deep red accent wall in the dinette.
 The granite is dark green and was my inspiration for accent color for the entire downstairs.
The hardwood floors are a dark cherry stain. 


The sink is black porcelain and the appliances are stainless steel.
I bought the cream canister set at Kirklands. 

I kept the same barstools and dinette set. The color in the fabric matches the granite.
 Another view of the bar area.
 The cabinet in the dinette area came from Kirklands.
I swapped out the red lampshades for a neutral color.
 Light cream monogrammed napkins are displayed.
 The kitchen dinette has new soft sage green drapes. I kept a few red pieces for a pop of color.
 The drapes are from Bed Bath and Beyond. The leaf rod is from Lowes.
 The cream cabinet paint is called Bone Folder and is by Martha Stewart.
 I found a new wall clock with the perfect colors from Kirklands.
 I added a new lime green tea pot and towels from Home Goods.
 I displayed this french inspired metal tin and added a topiary ball to it.
Twelve dollars for both from Ross. Thanks for the idea Liz!
 Here's a view of the fridge area. I rearranged some things and added a bigger lamp to it.
I used the same stainless steel drawer pulls. I may change them later.
~*~ 
We are very pleased with the changes. I had been thinking of painting the cabinets for years.
I wish I would have taken the plunge a long time ago. If you are thinking about it. Go for it!
Thanks for taking the time to tour. Let me know if you have any questions.
~*~
Have a wonderful week!

0 Comments: