Saturday, March 27, 2010

Orienteering with Friends

We have had a really lovely day out with friends today, meeting up with one of the home-education groups to go orienteering around Parke in Bovey Tracey.

As far as actual orienteering skills go, I'm not sure we were up to standard.  But I do know that we had a fabulous time, all very relaxed with smiling children and (mostly) eager walkers.

I took along my camera and managed to get a few snaps in between rain showers. If anyone objects to me putting an recognisable pictures of themselves or their children on my blog, please just say and I will hastily remove them.

Certainly, there was some sort of socialisation going on - yes, we do know how to do it!

Desperately need to socialise, obviously

Signs of Spring were all around us.

Spring Arrival

Mothering

Watching and Learning

The surroundings were breathtaking, even with the threatening clouds overhead.

Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon

We had fun looking out for Fungus.

Ear Fungus

Name that Fungus...

and generally enjoyed being ourselves and with good friends.

Penny for them...

My gorgeous boy

I won't add any of the other photos without the permission of the parents/children concerned, but lots of smiling happy people today :o)

0 Comments: