Friday, April 23, 2010

Red Bird Tray Vignette

Hello Everyone!
Let's create a vignette today.
I found a bird tray at Pier 1 and had to have it.
I just adore red and birds so this was perfect.
The only thing was I had no idea where to display it.
Then I thought of the flowers Kristen made for my
foyer table and I knew this would be the right place.
Join me and I'll show you the steps.
It was on clearance and the last one.
Score! I just love the little birds.
First find a table top, mantel or shelf and clear it.
Next think about the items you want to use.
Do they have a theme or match in colors?
They should relate to each other in some way.
In this case I'm using birds, red and metallics.
Chestnut decided to help me by sleeping nearby.
He's good at that sleeping thing.
Start arranging your accessories in different ways
to see what works best for the look you are going for.
This can take a long time in my case anyway.
Step back each time and walk around to get different views.
I really like to add balance.
The floral arrangement is tall and so is the lamp so they
compliment each other nicely on each end of the table.
The center accessories are a metallic box and frame
and a red candle. I also used a red runner to anchor
the colors. The foyer table is a metallic gold color.
The bird theme is carried out with the gold
bird that is in the flower arrangement as well.
I decided to use the tray as a back drop to show
the design. I just propped it up behind the other
accessories and created a layered effect. Easy!
Another view from the stairway.
Here's the other side of the foyer.
I used more metallics and a feather wreath.
The bird theme is everywhere these days.
I hope you decide to create a vignette in your
own home soon. The possibilities are endless.
Show us your vignette creations.
Have a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments: