Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tonic Living Fabrics

I've discovered a new fabric resource - Tonic Living - and am loving so much of what they have to offer. Especially the prices! Not one of these fabrics is over $16/yard. Music to my ears.

I put together some combinations with nothing particularly in mind other than what might look cute. Perhaps one day I can look back when I need some fabric inspiration. Lots of these are "kid inspired" but y'know...I have babies on the brain lately so cut me some slack.

Cute for a gender neutral nursery I think. The stripes would make great drapery panels and crib skirt. I would make the playful giraffe pattern the bumper fabric. The brown & white dot is a flannel and soft enough to be the fitted sheet and/or changing pad cover. And the linen makes for a great neutral upholstery for the glider (keeping it neutral increases the likelihood of using it elsewhere in the home after nursery years I think). With a cute lumbar pillow for the glider in the same giraffe fabric. Adorable.

giraffes
Giraffe Garden in Citron, Flannel Dumb Dot, Brown,
Como Natural Linen
, Dapper Stripe, Robin's Egg


I love the vibrant colors in this next grouping of fabrics but I also love how it's balanced with simple black & cream elements. Could be very cute as a playroom rather than a nursery. The Italian blocks alphabet print in the upper left (so cute, could you die?!) would be fabulous framed as artwork.

alphabet fabrics
Blocks Italiano, Multi, Dottie, Black,
Piccolo Alfabeto, Cream
, Cha Cha Stripe, Mustard



Adorable for a little boys room or nursery. In this combo, I'd use the truck fabric (a flannel) as the bumper & changing pad cover and the chocolate dot as the fitted sheet. I'd upholster the glider in the turquoise fabric and keep the crib skirt nice and tailored with the linen fabric.

trucks turquoise & brown fabric
Cufflink, Turquoise, Flannel Dumb Dot, Brown
Haul it, Turquoise, Como Natural Linen


I LOOOOVE this Parisian print fabric and think it would make the perfect sophisticated little girl's room or nursery. While I'd love to upholster something big like the glider in it, the practical side of me says it's smarter to do the glider in this pretty French blue instead and reserve the Parisian pattern for a punchy ottoman at its foot. Bonus: the blue fabric is actually an outdoor fabric which makes it great for something like a glider that will get a lot of wear and perhaps even see its fair share of spills and spit-ups. I'd use the dainty black & white dot as curtain panels. The Parisian print would re-appear on the crib bumper and I'd finish it with the skirt in that fabulous stripe.

parisian-girly
Paris Ville, Petal Stripe, Multi
Dottie, Black, Outdoor Sunnyside, Robin

This is way too much fun. Seriously, can you tell I have a problem with textiles? I think I'll continue this little exercise on Monday with another few fabric combos. Have a great weekend! We're off to Boston for Baby Shower North. The last trip we'll be making as a twosome and sans Baby and likely the last time I'll see Boston for at least 6-8 months :(

0 Comments: