Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ann Sacks Paccha ZigZag Tile on Dear Genevieve

On a recent episode of HGTV's Dear Genevieve, host Genevieve Gorder transformed a young New Jersey couple's outdated and uninspired master bathroom into a jewel box of a room complete with a gilded clawfoot tub, deep emerald green subway tile shower and used Ann Sacks Paccha tile in zigzag to create a chevron/ikat statement wall.  All the jewel tones were set off by rustic and organic wood forms.

Take a look...






{all images via NJ Kitchens and Baths}

The result is unquestionably impressive and there is no lack of "wow" factor.  

But it got me thinking - as fantastic as this bathroom is, do you think it's too 2011?  

I sometimes feel like HGTV transformations are almost overly dramatic.  Again, let me be clear - I LOVE THIS BATHROOM and I am a huge Genevieve fan.  That ikat tile is ridiculously awesome but surely an investment (albeit one the homeowners didn't have to spring for in this case!) It's not exactly something you swap out on a whim when you're sick of it.  

So my question is - as great as that bathroom is, if someone was going to come into your home and gut your bathroom would you prefer something bold like the bathroom above or would you want something more of the white/marble/polished nickel variety like these on my Bathroom board on Pinterest.





0 Comments: