Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mushroom Picking



Once my dad took me mushroom picking when I was little, but the whole experience was wasted on me - back then I just couldn't appreciate it. But last night, after reading Emma's awesome experience in the Swedish countryside, I fell in love with the idea of a perfect forest weekend. Right now I feel like packing up and fly to this tiny island called Adelsö (just outside Stockholm). I can just picture myself wandering through the pine forests in search of some golden Chanterelle or Trompette de la mort

This is how Emma summed up her mushroom picking experience: "...full of romanticism; trees twisted and gnarled, like something from a fairytale, spongy moss underfoot, grazing Elk, wild flowers and the chorus of birdsong...."

Holy smoke, doesn't that sound magical? My darlings, have you been mushroom picking before? Did you enjoy it? xo

P.S: A stunning autumn GIVEAWAY is coming up!

(Photos by Emma - Out Kitchen)

0 Comments: