Friday, October 14, 2011

Ribbon Embellished Curtain Inspiration via Sarah 101

I love to take something ordinary and make it better. Case in point - curtains.  I showed you how to hacked up some IKEA Merete curtains here and how to transform standard panels into something special here.

Both of these projects have 1 humble craft product in common - RIBBON!  Oh the power of a well placed ribbon.  So when I saw these curtains on a recent episode of Sarah 101 (the jewel-like dining episode), I was totally in love.  


 Sarah took a plain pair of linen drapes and upgraded them with 2 different ribbons - a greek key trim (get the same ribbon here) and then an interesting grosgrain overlapped diamond application.


Hard to see in the HGTV version so I took a picture of my TV screen for us to study.


Don't you love this?!  I am crazy about that diamond shaped effect it creates - and all with some plain ribbon.  Such an accessible design detail!  Definitely saving this for future reference.

0 Comments: