Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reader Question: Help me find this!

Today's reader question isn't a design dilemma but rather a look for less hunt!  I got an email recently from reader Aileen asking for some helping tracking down a piece she'd fallen in love with...minus the price.  Boy have I been there!

From Aileen:

I was hoping you might be able to help me find this nightstand! I am looking for a more affordable version and it does not need to have chrome legs.

 

There's no price specified on the site Aileen provided so I'm not exactly sure how she's defining affordable.  
{UPDATE: I heard from Aileen over on Facebook and she said her original Phyllis Morris nightstands are $4,000+!!!!}
This is a pretty distinctive Hollywood Regency/Milo Baughman style and I was intrigued to see if I could track down anything similar.  Here's what I came up with.



Pretty great match minus the orientation of the legs.  $895 is not exactly what I'd call "affordable" for a nightstand but maybe it's less than Aileen's designer crush?



I think this next find is a great match, particularly because Aileen isn't so concerned with matching the chrome legs.  A few coats of high gloss white paint would really transform this piece and make it modern and sleek.

That was as close as I could get for Aileen.  Anyone else come across anything similar?

0 Comments: