Monday, February 6, 2012

Some things you should know about

I'm in my usual post-Super Bowl Sunday funk - attributable largely to the the approximately 37 pounds of queso I ingested but more specifically because my New England Patriots lost in a HEART WRENCHING game.  Seriously, I still feel sick.  Can't talk about it...ugh.

I need the day to recover.  In the meantime, I'm sharing some of my favorite finds and deals from around the web.  

World Market has these great ikat patterned shower curtains right now. Even if you don't need a splash of ikat in your bathroom, the pattern and colors would make for some great throw pillows.  Or you could always try my favorite trick and turn them into window draperies.

 
 


I got Knox these shoes last week and he's worn them every day since.  He loves them and I think they're pretty hysterical myself.


Fun, purple drapery panels on sale at ZGallerie for $39.99 (96" length.) 


I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of Kirkland's but lately they've become my go-to place for interesting and inexpensive side tables.  Two of my favorites right now (the second one I just used in a nursery inspiration board coming up this week!)

 


 

I just got this book for Knox and the illustration are so wonderful, I almost want to put it away for framing.  Each page is a letter of the alphabet with a really fun image to accompany it.  If you don't want to destroy the whole book by framing its pages, the book jacket that accompanies it can be reversed and opened to reveal a colorful alphabet poster that has all 26 letters and their corresponding illustrations.  LOVE.

 


Say what??  A pinstripe chesterfield at Tuesday Morning of all places?  Crafted right here in North Carolina!



You know I am loving some metal sconces these days. This 3 light fixture in polished nickel is gorgeous for a bathroom and really reasonable at $159.


This room makes me happy.  The cool art on the wall is from here for $99.

 

 

I'm kind of obsessed with this vintage Turkish kilim rug on eBay. The colors are just perfect.  It's small (roughly 5'x2.5') but it could look really GREAT to reupholster a bench don't you think?



And lastly, Michael Fassbender.  

 

Period.  End of story.  No additional description required.

0 Comments: