Monday, March 12, 2012

Avoid Lipstick Faux Pas!


On Saturday afternoon, Balazs and I went to visit a part of his family that we haven't seen in a very long time. It was a big deal, kind of a reunion/birthday party with lovely people and tons of delicious Hungarian wine. I wanted to look snazzy, so I went for red lips, but to avoid that dreadful red-stains-on-wine-glass-fiasco I had to cover a few basic rules.

* Quickly lick the edge of your wine glass before taking a sip but if you worry that someone might spot you, you can also lick your lips instead. The moisture from a quick lip-lick will help you seal the colour on your lips and keep it from sticking to the glass.

* Also, Nina Carbone swears by first spreading liquid foundation on her lips, then dabbing a bit of face powder onto them and finally applying the red lipstick. She says this process fills the tiny creases on your lips where excess lipstick would gather.

I tried the first two many times and my friend, Sofia says that Nina's trick works like a charm as well. So, there you have it! Now, go on and put some sassy lipstick on this Monday and smooch your husband a few times before using those tips. (He won't mind it...haha). What do you say? Do you have any other lipstick tips that you'd like to share? I’d love to try them. xo

P.S: Also, here are a few modern rules of red lips and the sassy red duo!

0 Comments: