Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mix of Styles TV Lounge

Hello Everyone!
I'm back posting already! I have a few more finished rooms to share with you.
Our new upstairs bonus room has turned into our primary TV lounge. We love it!
This room was previously the work out room / Chestnut's room. We moved Chestnut
into the former office and the office downstairs into the formally unused living room.
Now all three of the rooms are much more functional and most importantly used.  
The sofa is new and is from Ashley. I know it's not the prettiest style sofa to look at.
I was going for comfort first and foremost. This is our third new sofa in less than five
years so I just had to get that part right. So far so good. I had a hard time with the rest
 of the decorating and ended up with a mixture of both old and new. Join me for a tour!
 After!
New paint, a neutral khaki called Sisal by Martha Stewart, sofa, tv cabinet
 fan, leather ottoman used as a coffee table. The asian chests are 35 years old.
 Before this was the workout room and "Chestnut's lounge".
 Pier 1 table and family photos. This corner needed light. The room is large.
 Lloyd our little yellow cockatiel stayed here in this corner. He's old and happy.
 I added the pillows for some color and texture. They are from Kirklands and Marshalls.
 The bronze fleur de lis lamp and table are from Ross.
 More art from Ross.
 The black leather cube ottoman opens for storage.
 Chestnut enjoys this comfortable new room.
 I displayed a zebra tray in copper with ivy and mosaic candles. All from Ross. 
 The asian chests open for more storage.
 The drapes are from Lowes as well as the rod and the ceiling fan.
 Another view.
The art above the sofa is by Thomas Kinkade. I'm sad he just passed away.
In the end the room came together with a mix of styles. No rules. Use what you love.
~*~
Thanks for stopping by. Happy weekend!


0 Comments: