Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Changing Table to Bar Cart

After I posted about how to create a reading nook using an old crib mattress, I started thinking about what other nursery specific items can be re-purposed once baby outgrows them.  I came across all these images of traditional changing tables (y'know the ones with the rails around the top) that had been very cleverly converted into bar carts.  This is one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments.  I mean the shape is almost exactly the same...of course it would make a great bar cart! 

All you really need is a little paint, some casters if you want to make it mobile and a few hooks on the side for bar towels, etc.  I even like the idea of having some mirror cut to size to fancy up the shelves a bit. 


If you don't happen to have an old changing table laying around but still covet a cute bar cart in your life, try hitting up your local Craig's List.  There are always tons of them on there.  Here are a few from the Raleigh Craig's List.

 $15 here

 
$40 here

$50 here

0 Comments: